Manx Whale and Dolphin Watch Visitor Centre
The Manx Whale and Dolphin Watch Visitor Centre opened in January 2019. It is located in the middle of Peel’s main shopping street, opposite Kestrel Insurance.
Address: 31 Michael Street, Peel, IM5 1HD. Telephone 01624 610 131
Opening hours: Saturdays 10-4 year round and Tuesday-Saturday 10-4 during school holidays.
Hours are subject to change and we may close at short notice to conduct a survey. See our Facebook page for latest hours or phone the office. Entry is free.
- Learn about our local species and recent sightings
- Find out how dolphins and whales communicate and hunt, and how they evolved
- View our collection of bones and skulls, from tiny porpoise teeth to a huge Minke whale rib bone
- Listen to whale song and dolphin clicks and whistles at our audio station
- Join in with our young scientists area full of activities, games and craft equipment
- Discover how marine mammals are under threat and what you can do to help
- Browse our extensive library of marine mammal literature and scientific papers and make copies for your own research
- See our small selection of merchandise ranging from handmade cards to hoodies
- Borrow some litter pickers to help keep Peel clean
Children’s craft and educational sessions are organised throughout the year, see our events page for upcoming dates.
Group visits can take place inside or outside of regular hours and all groups must be booked in advance with our education Manager Jen. We welcome visits from school classes, youth groups, people with disabilities and indeed any other interest group. Jen will talk through the species, sightings, bone display and play audio clips. We ask for a contribution towards our work.